Monday, November 2, 2009

boobies....planning not to plan

ok so i began my pregnancy knowing that this time i would try my best to breastfeed. with my older son i was young (19) and impatient and i tried once in the hospital and quickly gave up. going into it this time i knew that i would try harder but also knew i would probably still not last that long. and i didnt last very long breastfeeding exclusively. maybe the first couple weeks. and then i slowly began to supplement. by the time my son was one month old i was what i call "supplementing breastmilk". really kind of expecting my supply to diminish. but to my surprise it wasnt, and then i would randomly breastfeed more some days than others and now i breastfeed my 3 month old 2-5 times a day (for a few weeks now all his nighttime feedings have been breast). well now i am on an antibiotic and can not breastfeed. i told myself that i would just go ahead and wean now (i mean afterall i never really expected to last so long anyway) since i cant BF with the meds. but now i find myself pumping daily to keep up my supply because i am not sure that i dont want to anymore. i know there are huge debates about breastfeeding and there are probably people that would read this and think that i am selfish but i do feel like i want my breasts back. im kind of tired of leaking and i want them back for my husband. plus i find i sleep worse when i BF every feeding at night because i end up letting my son stay in the bed, and he snacks at his leisure LOL. but i just cant seem to give it up. i cant wait to be able to give him back at least one of our night feedings. its just one of those things we go through as mothers that lets you know having a plan about parenting is not necessary and many times it doesnt go the way u planned anyways. i have five more days of meds and my plan going forward with breastfeeding is to not have a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment