Saturday, November 21, 2009

oh where oh where has my little mind gone?

so we have had a whole WEEK of success with my LO in his crib!! i can't believe i did not do this sooner. it did take some crying but he has hasn't cried for longer than 15 mins on any night and in fact two nights he has went down wide awake and fell asleep NO CRYING! i am elated! not to mention i am getting a little more sleep it seems that now that he is alone in his bed he is sleeping at longer stretches (or maybe it just seems that way because im not scrunched up next to him trying not to move so he doesnt wake up).
on another note... tonight i spent about 30 minutes researching "forgetfulness after baby". seriously i was beginning to think that i was losing my mind. and in fact that could still be the case but apparently there are quite a few others losing theirs too so i feel better :) sometimes ill be having a conversation and just stop in the middle and stare into space because i literally forgot the next word i was going to say! i must ashamedly admit that i forgot my son on early release day (to my credit early release day is only once a month, but still...) luckily i have a wonderful friend who is my neighbor that came down and reminded me so even though i ended up being at the very end of the line, i made it before they had to call me. i forget small stuff all the time. my son will be like "mommy we forgot to....(fill in the blank cause it could be anything from go to the library to sign my folder for school)" i keep telling him "oops...i told you to remind me".i am counting on my seven year old to remind me of stuff and well (obviously) its not working out too well. i have 3 dry erase boards plastered all around my house, the only problem with that is i forget to look at them. i've always been the person who remembers all the little details that run our household and i feel a bit inadequate forgetting all the time. granted i do remember the stuff (it just might a bit later than it was needed). i hear it gets better. i dont remember having it with my first (but then again i dont remember what i was doing five minutes ago either) im just hoping that at some point (preferably in the very near future) i will get my mind back. i could kind of use it......

No comments:

Post a Comment